Well we headed out again into the dark and the rain, and in short, we got lost. Eventually, we just hopped Trax again and headed back to the hotel, where we knew open sew awaited. And several lovely things happened at open sew that night - 1) I finished my first Mod Pop Block; 2) I met Lee from Freshly Pieced, where I guest-hosted recently; and 3) we got some great swag (thanks, friends!). So the evening ended swimmingly.
As for Saturday: A VERY FULL DAY! In a nutshell . . .
- Coffee run to Starbucks & meet up with bloggy friends = awesome start to the day!
- #1 class - Website Design with Melissa Esplin - oh my gosh did I take notes!
- #2 class - Finishing Details with Anna Graham of Noodlehead, who had lots of ideas for garment sewing, home dec, and quilting.
- Lunch with new friends + keynote speaker, "eclectic modern" fabric designer Joel Dewberry and his new collection, Notting Hill + very cool swag, a copy of "Ruby Star Wrapping."
- #3 class - Successful Blogging with Tauni Everett of SNAP! Lots more notes and things to consider. And boy will I be exploring her website soon.
- #4 class - Advanced Bag Construction with Sara Lawson of Sew Sweetness - great info about interfacing and purse hardware. Plus she had oodles of her awesome bags to share + sat on the floor with a few of us after class to just chat. sweet.
- Dinner with more new (and old) friends + keynote speaker Nancy Soriano, an editorial strategist who shared about her career journey. A bonus was fabric designer Carol Van Zandt, who sat at our table and shared fat quarters of her new line, licorice fizz, with us!
- Then, you know, off to open sew again . . .