Wednesday, October 10, 2012

W.i.P Wednesday

Thanks so much for your encouragement as I guest-hosted W.i.P. Wednesday last week! It was fun visiting even more of your blogs than I am usually able to manage! SO many lovely projects in the works!

Many of the projects below I have already blogged about, but at least for today, I'll list them all in one place.

Finished projects
Name Tag and Patchwork Lanyard - The name tag is so not what I had in mind, but oh well. The lanyard was adapted from this tutorial and went together quickly and easily.

Logo Card Holder - This was made from my tutorial, for daughter dear to use at Sewing Summit.

Weekender Bag - This bag was  my major accomplishment for the week, and the reason why most of my quilt projects weren't touched. You can read more about my experience making it here.

Ongoing projects
Glue-in Frame Purse - I've gathered supplies for the one hands-on class I got into at Sewing Summit. I'm anxious to compare the glue-in frame process to the sew-in one I've already tried.

Halloween Stitchery - Just a little hand-sewing project for traveling.

Mod Pop Quilt-along - Still working on piecing those curves.

Modern Crosses quilt, Christmas quilt,  and Dresden projects - sadly, no progress.

Upcoming projects
* scrappy Metrolink - who knows when, but I still really want to!
* another frame purse
* use Polaroid blocks
* placemats
* Binary quilt using blocks from Modern Blocks Bee
* Sew Lux Challenge project
* UR Priceless Blog Hop project
* Christmas!

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday.

24 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with your weekender bag! The patchwork and quilting are the best - it totally makes me want to make one! Have fun at the Sewing Summit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Weekender Bag! I think the patchwork is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see all these again, you will look good at Sewing Summit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekender bag looks great! Have a wonderful time at Sewing Summit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, hedgehogs. How cute! Not sure if I commented specifically on that one last week. Have a BLAST at SS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have so much fun at summit! i am glad i am going to be gone this weekend so i won't be so jealous! i love your weekender! i want to make one so BAD now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Thrilled you finished your weekender bag! It looks wonderful. Just seeing it makes me want to pull out mine! Have fun at Sewing Summit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks great! Have fun filling up your Weekender for Sewing Summit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Have a great time at sewing summit! I know I already told you, but I want to steal your weekender :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so wonderful! Can't wait to see that Halloween stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weekender turned out wonderfully! I swore off making another one after I made my first one, but I might just have to change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So looking forward to seeing your pictures from your trip ; )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Remain so impressed by the weekender - have a great time at SS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great finishes! I love the weekender bag it looks great!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a wonderful weekend at Sewing Summit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adore your Weekender Bag, have a blast at Sewing Summit!!

    Tabatha at BendingPins.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Weekend Bag is on my to-do list. I see from your side bar that you signed up for the UR Priceless Blog Hop too. I'm looking forward to seeing your version.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That bag would have been worthy even of being the only project you worked on this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm envious that you get to share this trip with your daughter! I need to go with my mom next year. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The bag looks awesome. You must be totally rapt with it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very impressed that you made a Weekender Bag. Hope you two have a wonderful time at Sewing Summit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The weekender bag is just gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete