Monday, October 8, 2012

Travel Handmade

Travel Handmade with The Sewing Summit

I love the idea of practical handmade items, and it's been great following the Sewing Summit Travel handmade series. Plus there's some pretty cool stuff gathered on the Travel Handmade: ideas board on Pinterest. I didn't get a whole lot new made for Sewing Summit, but considering I did manage a Weekender Bag, I'm pretty pleased just the same.

And I got my name tag done. I had prepped binding for it, but wasn't paying attention, and just sewed around the edges and turned. oh well! I used this tutorial as a guide for the patchwork lanyard. Honestly, I'm not that thrilled with the end result of the tag itself, but it is what it is.

You may remember the Logo Card Holder I made a few months ago . . .
Well, I made another one, this time for daughter dear.
They should come in handy for carrying our Moo cards, taking class notes, etc.

So see, I'll be traveling a teensy bit handmade!

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday.

16 comments:

  1. Travelling in style!!! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, well done, you're definitely goign to be travelling in style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your namtag and I was checking out those card holders in your flikr feed this weekend - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have an AWESOME time Debbie (and Rachel!). Looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great travel accessories! I'm so excited to start seeing the SS posts which I know will be coming later this week and next! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are going to have so much fun! Your travel accessories are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your everything! i hope you have a wonderful time! so bummed i am missing again this year! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your weekender! I wish I could be there to meet you, but I know you will have a super fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. they look great! cant wait to "meet" you! safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun, I wish I was going! Your bag is just Gor-jus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great travel things. The bag is totally great but I have to say I really like your car holder and name tag too. You're definately going in style :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will have so much fun!! I loved last year!
    Your bag is gorgeous! And super cute card holders.
    Trish xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your weekender bag is beautiful! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lov ethe weekender, so beautiful! and the name tag is so pretty too! Have fun at Sewing Summit!

    ReplyDelete