Monday, October 1, 2012

Fresh Sewing Day

Due to vacation and that nasty virus that's been hanging around, September was my least productive month in ages. I did manage to keep up with my bee blocks and contribute several blocks for a charity quilt. And of course, the Zakka Sew Along came to a close {farewell post here}. It was bittersweet stitching up the last couple of projects.
1. Lined drawstring bag with Polaroid accent, 2. Snowball charity blocks, 3. Stonehenge block - September, 4. Butterfly blocks, 5. Improv Quilt front, 6. New York Beauty block, 7. New York Beauty block, 8. Nesting Boxes, 9. Happy Garland Message Board


But there were two projects that gave me special pleasure. One being a foray into improv, where I pulled  together the modern blocks I made in class this summer, quilting the little quilt up with a new-to-me stitch on my machine. Plus it basically turned out a two-sided quilt, and many commenters said they liked the back better than the front! Oh, and I used one of the new Kona solids as the front background - Mushroom. I will definitely be using that one again!

The other project that I still look at and smile over is the little drawstring bag with one of my many Polaroid blocks as an accent. It was just really fun to make and I love how it turned out. 

So, not much to show for myself, but that's life. On to October!
Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day!

16 comments:

  1. The drawstring bag and the improv. quilt are my favourites too but your mosaic is inspirational and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely mosaic - I think I am going to miss your regular Zakka makes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still loving the drawstring bag with the polaroid print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your improv quilt and I also enjoy browsing around your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your least productive month was still pretty productive if you ask me! As usual, fresh sewing day has snuck up on me. Might actually participate this time....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, may October be a much better, more productive and fun month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have plenty to show! And it's all great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are my two favorite projects too. Hope you're feeling better and looking forward to your October projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always get lots done Debbie ; ) always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you've created this month, and excitingly Quilting Modern dropped through my letterbox today - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks productive to me! Those butterfly blocks are on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Considering how productive you usually are, Debbie, I think you deserve a little break this month! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your improv quilt and my bee block and all the rest. I think I remember you sorting out a huge pile of polaroid blocks for everyone in September too? You had a lovely month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You accomplished quite a bit, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's still a lot! Oh, I don't know if you follow How About Orange (Jessica Jones)

    ReplyDelete
  16. goodness i am so behind in my blog reading!

    you were sick and you still kicked my butt in your productivity. i am going to kick myself in the butt now! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete