Tuesday, October 30, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

Well my 'good' machine has been in the shop for over a week, but I hope to pick it up tonight! Meanwhile my trusty little Elna has served me well. So W.i.P. Wednesday can go on!

Finished projects
Trick or Treat Tote - I started the embroidery on this little project at Sewing Summit, and finished it up just in time to give to grandgirl for Halloween. The pattern is by The Sometimes Crafter, and finishes at 9" x 11". I cut the size down just a bit to make it more manageable for grandgirl, who is yet a toddler.
The orange dots and interior fabrics (including spider webs on the front lining that you can't see) were perfect, swag from SS shop-hopping.

Sew Lux Design Challenge project - The interview was posted here, and my project should be up very soon. At least I can show you the fabric bundle I got to work with! {Revised to say the tutorial is now available at Sew Lux Fabric & Gifts!}

Ongoing projects
Mod Pop Quilt-along - I have all my curves pieced!

Christmas lap quilt & Modern Crosses quilt - I've gotten plenty of cutting and piecing done, but it all needs a good press before continuing on.
Please call me on it next time I start three quilts at once! I'm making progress on all of them, but don't have much to show for it!

Upcoming projects
* UR Priceless Blog Hop project
* October & November bee blocks
* scrappy Metrolink
* more frame purses
* Polaroid block projects
* placemats
* Binary quilt using blocks from Modern Blocks Bee
* Christmas!
* Dresden project - back on the 'sometime' list, and probably no time soon

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday.

27 comments:

  1. Such a cute little tote!

    Love the 'in progress' chain piecing picture too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet embroidery!

    Love the bundle for the Sew Lux challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahaha 3 quilts at once?! thats not like you, thats more my style. can't wait to see more though, they'll be fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag is adorable.
    I eventually haven't started Mod Pop yet. Too much on my plate. But, I will definitely want to start next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Starting 3 new quilts at once....good luck! The Halloween tote is really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Halloween Tote is too cute, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love that Halloween quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Er...tote...I swear I meant to type tote. I shouldn't comment before I've had coffee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bag is very cute! The projects are all coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome stuff! love the bag. the curves ought to be the hardest part on your mod pop quilt, right? keep on truckin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cutest Halloween tote! Your stitching looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tote bag- very cute! I am inspired to start some embroidery.

    3 quilts on the go at once! I'm doing that too. I was just thinking about working on so many big projects at once, that it makes it harder to do a blog post. Right now, all I have to show is more pics of the same thing, with a few more rows!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You still get more done than most of us Debbie ; )
    Your grand girl will love the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Halloween tote! And wait - you're not SUPPOSED to do three quilts at once??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the trick or treat bag. I made a wall hanging for my granddaughter to carry to her 2nd grade class out of HAPPY HOWLOWEEN fabric from Moda and the kids just loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i still can't wait to see what you made for the design challenge. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. that bag is adorable! I am stopping by from the WIP hop!http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2012/10/wednesday-wips.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful bag. My daughter would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute Halloween bag!And I am sure your 3 quilts will all be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the little bag for you GD! Good luck with all those projects.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute bag!
    3 quilts at once?!? How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute little bag! Little grandgirl must have had so much fun yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable little bag. Love the kitty on it. Just saw your project over at sew lux it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete