Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday at the Table

It's been a tad slow in the meal planning department at my house. With vacation, that nasty virus, and Sewing Summit, I just plain got out of the routine. So this weekend, I actually looked up some recipes, even bought the ingredients for them AND made one of them for dinner tonight!
Unassuming as it looks, the Three Cheese Stuffed Shells was fun to make (used fresh herbs even!), was tasty and comforting, and the fam gave it rave reviews. (Still on the docket for later this week are Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup and Lemon Chicken with Orzo.)

As much as I enjoyed getting back in the kitchen with a new recipe, what really made my day, was this. 
Yes, that's grand-girl, who loves to dig through Grammy's kitchen drawers and cupboards, proceeding on to stir and whisk and scrape. There's the occasional, 'Help, Grammy,' which is her way of saying, "Show me again." And of course, I do. Never mind that there's a whole 'nother load for the dishwasher once she goes home. This girl likes to be in the kitchen. And I'm going to join her and encourage her every chance I get.

Do you have something to share from your table, your stove, or even your kitchen floor? If so, please share by linking up here.

9 comments:

  1. They grow fast don't they. Great to see her cooking with you already, you can teach her loads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a little sweetie. My kids used to do that too, was only 8 or 9 years ago but feels like forever!!

    The dinner looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks warm and yummy and comforting for dinner. We're mostly dining on salads (oh, and IHOP last night ;o) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy does that ever look yummy. Your granddaughter is sweet too. Ihave to just tell you that I had the same floor as you have many years ago - don't want to say how many but it's a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh look at that sweet girl playing with her Grammy in the kitchen. My kids call my Mom Grammy too and it warms my heart every time. :) I totally forgot today was Tuesday because I was actually going to post something this week! haha, oh well...I'll do it Thursday instead. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious! Kids always love to play in the kitchen - until they become teenagers:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to spend the day with your girle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I might steal your menu this week! Everything sounds delicious! Grand-girl is adorable and I'm sure she makes being in the kitchen much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those little squats that toddlers so ably accomplish. They don't give it a second thought yet, at my age, I have to give it a dozen thoughts and decide not to do it. Grand-girl is adorable! And your stuffed shells look like comfort food to me. Will you share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete