Sunday, March 31, 2013

2013 Finish-A-Long: Q1 Finishes

There's always a hopeful sort of feeling when one posts a new Finish-A-Long list, as I did just three short months ago. And I'm more than pleased to be able to report that I finished my list!

Mod Crosses - The blocks for this quilt were all done when the quarter started, but I was short on time to get the rows together before an appointment with the long-arm quilter. Thankfully I made it and was super pleased with the finished quilt, and hubby and I took it out for a fun photo-shoot.

Quiet Book - This project was intended as a Christmas gift for grandgirl, but the details took longer than I anticipated. At least she enjoyed it when I finally finished it.

Merry Stocking - Another belated Christmas item, but at least it's ready for Christmas 2013.

Scrappy Trip - On a whim I joined this sew-along on Instagram, and maybe even due to its impromptu nature, I thoroughly enjoyed putting these blocks together straight from the scrap bin.

Mod Angles Cushion - This was one of those finishes that really made no sense to have dawdled on so long. The blocks were already made, and once I sat down to stitch them together, it was a quick finish. And the quilting on this one was immensely satisfying. {tutorial here}
So that's it for this quarter - time to start pulling together a new list!

Linking up with Q1 post quarter link up at shecanquilt.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your list Debbie - the Chicopee cushion is just gorgeous and I also love the Mod Crosses and tripalong quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job finishing your list! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did really well this quarter, love that cushion at the end :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive Debbie ; ) great job. The Plus quilt is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finishes! I am ashamed to say I didn't finish a single thing on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job finishing your list! I love those quiet books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And that was not a shot list either! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of fantastic finishes, Debbie! You totally showed these projects who the boss is :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have enjoyed these finishes all year so far, each one is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun finishes, all! Way to go on a perfect score to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful list of lovely finishes for the first quarter Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow so many beautiful finishes Debbie! Well done. I love reading these end of quarter finish along posts. Can't pick a favourite item of yours - they're all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finishes! Can't wait to see what Q2 has in store!

    ReplyDelete