Wednesday, February 12, 2014

W.i.P. Wednesday

My last w.i.p. post was as I was heading off on retreat a couple of weeks ago, and I figured I owed you a report back! So here's what's gotten accomplished since then . . .

Finished Projects:
Christmas patchwork table runner - Using the tutorial by s.o.t.a.k handmade, I pieced the top at the retreat, and just finished binding (and washing!) it up last night. I'll post more about it yet this week, but here's a sneaky peek.

Riley Blake Meets Mango is done, and tonight at our guild meeting, we'll all be sharing our Riley Blake Challenge projects. That should be fun!

2 Kindle covers - These are already in the hands of their recipients! The tutorial by Ellison Lane is easy to follow, and I love the result.
Kindle covers

SMQG January block of the month - Christmas Snowflake by Wooden Spoon - became a lovely 20" pillow! I like it so much, I'm making a coordinating one, and have all my 2" squares cut.

The Double Plus Quilt is coming right along. The pattern is by QuiltsbyEmily, and it's a fun one to put together! Eight blocks to go for a twin size.

I still need to shop for a backing and am mulling over a quilting plan for my City Sampler quilt top, but hope to get to it before long. Really. And the Mini Swoon daughter dear and I had planned to do in tandem at the retreat just didn't work out, but it's still definitely still on the list too. So a few smaller projects done, good progress on a quilt, and more good stuff in the works. So far, so good.

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday.

17 comments:

  1. This is a fairly random (odd?) comment but I love all the green in your photos today! I am a sucker for a good green, and each of these is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good indeed! Your double plus quilt looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture in your runner, and the double plus quilt is going to be great. I can't wait to see the quilting on your City Sampler, that will be a fun project to work on with all that beautiful colour. Oh, and I love your quilt stand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your double plus quilt, what a fun pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great finishes! I love that double plus quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! I love the kindle covers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors in your Double Plus project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super makes and I really enjoyed seeing them. Lovely fabrics and colour choices,
    jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. such beautiful projects, Debbie. Love your runner and Kindle covers, and that double plus quilt will be such a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great wee collection of projects there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects Debbie - love your Double Plusses quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a lot of finishes in one post! I like how your double cross is coming along, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beautiful projects! Very impressed that you have a Christmas project completed already! Thanks for the links for those tutorials...I need to do a Kindle cover or two.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of that double cross.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great projects (love your quilt rack too!)

    ReplyDelete