Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday at the Table

After several days dealing with a nasty cold, I finally did what I probably should have done in the first place. I made chicken soup. Inspired by Bell BlissLemon Orzo Chicken Soup recipe, I adapted it by using what I had on hand, while still keeping true to the original.

Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup
2 Tb. olive oil
1/2 large onion, diced
1 zucchini, ends removed, then cut into small cubes
2 large cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 cup small pasta (I used linguine, broken into 1" pieces)
60 ounces canned chicken broth
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
feta cheese, crumbled

1. Heat olive oil in large stock pot on medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until translucent.
2. Add zucchini, chicken, pasta, and chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
3. Boil 10-15 minutes partially covered, or until zucchini and pasta are done.
4. Add lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
5. Serve with a sprinkle of feta cheese

Makes 6 generous, healing servings.

8 comments:

  1. Looks really yummy. I might have to save the recipe for winter. Thanks for sharing.
    Valspierssews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I need that! Full of cold here too! Hope you feel better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the soup worked wonders with your cold :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better---that soup should really help. Sounds very lemony yummy! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks tasty. Will need to try that. Glad you're on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I certainly hope you are feeling better! This soup sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I have this one pinned - might have to try it. I love soup.

    Feeling better yet??

    ReplyDelete