Friday, February 14, 2014

This Bit and That

There's a couple of quilts I really want to show off today! First up is "January Jewels" by Rachel/Snippets of Sweetness (a.k.a. daughter dear). Rachel whipped this darling baby quilt up at our recent retreat, and I just love its "controlled scrappiness." Also our retreat site was a great photoshoot opp, which Rachel took full advantage of! {lots more photos on her blog post!} Love taking quilts out in the wild when we can!


Toni/Hoosier Toni finished up her "Diamond Ripples" quilt, with blocks made by our now-closed Modern Blocks Bee. As Toni mentions in her post, I really underestimated the power of this block! Here's my donation to the quilt - from Modern Blocks: 99 Quilt Blocks from Your Favorite Designers - the book we sewed from for a year.
Diamond Ripples-November
And here's Toni's amazing quilt! Just look at that quilting - and that faced binding - totally makes this quilt!
Untitled

Speaking of bees, the Mid-Century Modern Bee has created a group blog! This is a first for me, so I'm quite intrigued. Are you a part of any group blogs? I'd like to hear about it! Oh yeah - we even have our own logo!
Mid-Century Modern Bee

After telling you about Fissures winning at the AQS show last week, Christa/Christa Quilts! wrote a thoughtful post about the show, full of photos of modern quilts. I was especially pleased to see Common Affection as it was hung with other Modern Challenge quilts! From here, she travels to Lancaster, PA, where I'm hopeful my cousins can stop in and see her!
Modern Quilt Challenge

One of the things I love about the online quilting community is the support for each other. Without naming names, I treasure the moments where I encouraged others by being a first follower, a first commenter, a first purchase from a new etsy shop. I like supporting dreams where I can, and currently, we all have the chance to help Rachael of imagine gnats achieve her goal of launching a line of printed patterns. 
20140119142709-bess_tops1
Click here to read all about Rachael's indiegogo campaign and how to help. It's a good thing!

I thought you might enjoy this somewhat chaotic photo from our guild meeting this week - those of us who finished projects for the Riley Blake Basics Challenge. Fun though, yes?

And lastly, in the spirit of the day, I wanted to share Jessica/Quilty Habit's improv heart mini quilt! She used this tutorial by Kitchen Table Quilting with great success. I think it's really fun.

That's it for today! Have a good one!

Linking up with Really Random Thursday on Friday.

12 comments:

  1. I tried to look at Rachel's site, but the 'cookies' notification came up and neither the continue link nor the cross worked. Perhaps you could let her know that she needs to sort this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your daughter's quilt and Toni's quilt are fabulous - I could never have pictured how the blocks in Toni's quilt would create the full quilt when put together - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great selection of quilts and projects, Debbie. I'm loving the blues and greens lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for featuring my quilt! I just popped over to Snippets of Sweetness to drool over that beautiful quilt more! Also, I love that picture of all of you with your challenge quilts! Wish we had thought of that at our meeting (we also don't really have the space to line up like that, but oh well!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful bits in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilty roundup here, the retreat looks like it was in a fab location :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my so many good things going on! Loved Rachel's quilt and loved seeing you and the gang at the guild meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of good stuff as usual Debbie. I'm hoping over to your daughter's blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, I love reading your blog! You've got a wonderful writing voice and great storytelling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No matter how busy my day I love taking the time to read what's up on your blog. Thanks for keeping us all up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the picture from the meeting! Looks like fun!! All these things sounds like fun actually. I love my bee and am thinking of joining another one, but not sure if I have the time quite yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many great things here, Debbie. And thank you so much for linking up to Really Random. That always makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete