Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Plural

After making our guild's January BOM into a nice 20" pillow, I confess I kept it right by me in the studio so I could glance at it every time I was in there.
I guess the fact is: I like it alot. I warned you I might make another, and I did. I used some of the same gray/brown and low-volume prints, with green as the accent color this time and just a few bits of aqua. Again, a simple wavy stitch of quilting down each row using Aurifil #2021 (Natural White), a flap-closure back of Kaufman's Essex in Natural and binding with BasicGrey's Grunge White
One of these days, I'll put them away to bring out again at Christmas. They are, after all, Christmas Snowflake blocks, using the delightful tutorial by Rachel/Wooden Spoon. Soon they'll go safely in the Christmas box. But not today. 

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday and Finish it up Friday.

27 comments:

  1. I love them, especially how fun they are together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't able to find the tutorial for this adorable quilt block. I found flicker pictures, but not the tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand why you do not want to pack them away! They are beautiful! And there is an awful lot of work in them, so they should be on display every day, despite their name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think they look too Christmassy - you could definitely have these out all year! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't put them away. I'd keep them out to enjoy all year round! so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that they could be spring pillows too maybe if you like them. I can see how they will look beautiful with your Christmas tree skirt as well. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I think they are great Easter pillows, with those lovely Spring colours. Beautiful, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so excited to see your beautiful pillows on Aurifil's facebook page this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are going to be all set this upcoming Christmas. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd leave them out--year round. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. For Julie and anyone else interested. Here's the instructions I used: http://seattlemodernquiltguild.com/bom/
    (scroll down to January)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are stunning and they would make an awesome set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't put them away - leave them out all year round - after all, it is snowing snowflakes somewhere in the world all year round!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see why you're gazing fondly at them, but best put them away soon, or you'll just keep having the urge to make new ones ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are lovely! I would leave them out all year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. At first I thought there was a difference in photo editing! :) I love it with the green. And the quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice! I think I like the second group of colors even more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look so good, it's a fabulous design :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, these are beautiful pillows! Love the fabric combinations; they work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous pair of pillows - perfect for all year round!!

    ReplyDelete