Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February Bee & Charity Blocks

Time to report in on this month's bee blocks! The first set I tackled were Crosspatch (aka Roman Cross) Blocks for Kelli/Kelli W of That Stash Bee. The block is from Vintage Quilt Revival by Katie Clark BlakesleyLee HeinrichFaith Jones, and though I was intimidated at first, once I got sewing, they went together easily. What made them unique was the combo of regular and paper piecing.
Crosspatch Blocks Crosspatch Blocks

Carla/lollyquiltz of Mid-Century Modern Bee asked for the same block and palette she did last time around, while adding in some white. She's going to have a really nice-sized Church Dash quilt when she's done! There's something about this that I just love, and I think it's one of my favorite traditional-done-modern blocks!

As host of FAITH Circle this month, I already shared my block request - Vice-Versa blocks designed by Gen-X Quilter. But I thought you might enjoy seeing what my bee-mates are up to! (That's my sample block in the first square.) Looking good, huh?
1. Vice Versa BOM January blocks, 2. vice versa block, 3. Faith Circle, February, 4. Faith Circle, February, 5. Feb 2014 blocks done, 6. Do. Good Stitches Faith February 2014, 7. February Vice Versa blocks ~ Faith Circle, 8. Faith Circle, February

And these last blocks are a bonus - Urban Chicken blocks for a SMQG charity quilt. The original block is by Michelle Freedman/Design Camp, and I was helped along by the photos posted by Wombat Quilts.
Urban Chicken blocks for SMQG charity quilt

So that's it for February - and of course my list is already growing for March!

17 comments:

  1. Everything looks so good, and especially your blocks that are coming in! Those Urban Chicken blocks...will do those one day, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely lineup of bee blocks! I'm kind of partial to the top ones. : ) Can't wait to see the quilt she makes from those—I've been wanting to make an entire quilt from that block myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice collection of blocks. I still really love those vice versa ones, but the first ones you pictured are SO interesting and unique as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors in the churn dash blocks are fabulous! And the urban chicken block is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome blocks, all of them! I especially love the vice versa blocks you chose

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you do it?!? Such productivity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a lot of pretty blocks! I really like churn dash blocks too, they are just simple enough without being simple and are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful blocks, as usual. You are in great bees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lookin good! I have to make my own bee block for myself to have it ready to show everyone for March :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. great colors Debbie! I like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great collection of bee blocks! I am fascinated by the Cross Patch being partly paper pieced- how interesting! And the colours of the Urban Chicks blocks are very simple but graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific blocks! Oh, those Urban Chicken blocks are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been a busy girl! Thanks for my beautiful churn dash blocks. They arrived today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those urban chicken blocks are very cool. Lovely blocks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun to see the lineup of bee blocks. I always like this post of yours every month--a good argument for collating the bee blocks into one missive, rather than scattering them through the feed (as I'm doing now). I need to reform!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you get an astonishing ampunt done! Love the blocks!!

    ReplyDelete