Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2016 Finish-A-Long :: Changes



So are you familiar with the Finish-A-Long? If you've been around here a while, I'm sure you've figured out that the FAL is a place to find motivation and encouragement to complete your unfinished projects. At the beginning of every quarter, you post a list of projects you hope to finish in the next three months. Then at the end of the quarter, you post a link of each successful finish from your original list, and you can do that from your blog, Flickr or Instagram. Each finish is an entry for wonderful prizes from generous sponsors. But know that the FAL is a no-obligation and no-penalty affair. Just alot of fun while trying to get those projects finished. And there is big news for the 2016 Finish-A-Long!

The FAL has grown and grown since Rhonda/Rhonda's Ramblings started it in 2012 in the USA. It moved to Canada in 2013 where Leanne/she can quilt hosted it, then in 2014 it was off to Scotland in the UK where Katy/The Littlest Thistle was in charge. Then in 2015 it moved to New Zealand where Adrianne/On the Windy Side has been doing the honors. And it really has become too big for just one blogger.

So the 2016 FAL is going completely global and a community of bloggers across the world will be jointly hosting. Considering the FAL has spurred me on to complete numerous projects as well as been a companionable community every since I joined back in 2012, I couldn't resist when invited to co-host the FAL this year. Our hosts will include:
Cool, right? There will be shared link-ups that will appear on all the hosting blogs, though you only need to link on one. Other than the co-hosting aspect and the multi-site link-ups, the FAL will remain pretty much unchanged and we are sure hoping that you will join us.

Please link up your 2015 fourth quarter (Q4) finishes with Adrianne/On the Windy Side from December 31, 2015 through January 6, 2016.
2015 Finish-Along

And then plan to join me in the 2016 FAL. The first quarter (Q1) link for your proposed list of finishes will open on January 7, 2016 right here as well as on the blogs of all of the new community hosts. In the meantime, you can grab the 2016 FAL button up top and follow along with everyone in the hosting community. On Instagram and other social media, for 2016, let's all use the hashtag #2016FAL and follow the FAL account @finishalong. I'm working on a tab with all the pertinent info here at A Quilter's Table, and a facebook page is in the works. So start thinking about your first quarter list. It's going to be a terrific time!

14 comments:

  1. Well ok! Sounds like there will be plenty of encouragement along the way ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, yay! I love the FAL but it's become so huge I'm glad to see a team hosting, it must be a nightmare for one blogger to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try to join in 2016. I did pretty well in 2015 and hope to complete even more in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So excited to see it is continuing, and the team approach sounds like a good idea. Thanks for hosting Debbie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in - anything to keep me honest and working on stuff I need to work on. Can't wait to get on it! (Oh yes I can, who am I kidding? Because if that were true I wouldn't have any unfinished stuff, would I?!) But you know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in. This is just what I need. I have so many UFOs I'm embarrassed to count them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in! This is a big part of my 2016 sewing goals - finishing. Lots of great projects waiting lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. So inspiring! I need this in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So inspiring! I need this in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in. I have been working on a four year old ufo and finished my Betsy Boston foot stool cover last night and am happy to report it is 100% completed including being put back together. Great feeling to start the new year finishing a project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just the thing I needed right now- and with this list of my fav bloggers (bloggists? bloggoddesses? Stop me...)- who can resist? I'm in "start" mode (unless you include two finishes awaiting quilting), so will use Q1 to make design and fabric decisions for my 2016 list - is that ok? My first time with a group of any kind! Thanks to all the hosts - you are each my heroes. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. UFO's have amassed in my sewing room! Not sure how that could have happened - LOL! Excited and ready to tackle the pile - onward ho!
    Thrilled to be a part of the challenge this year. Patty

    ReplyDelete