Monday, October 14, 2019

Summer Sampler 2019 :: Heat Wave

So I'm back! Still adjusting to reality after a great time away, but looking forward to catching up. After all the fun of the Summer Sampler sewalong these last months, it wasn't easy leaving as the final blocks were rolling out, so I'm starting there.



Lee/Freshly Pieced designed block 19, which focuses on flying geese. You may remember that early in the sewalong, we made a block using Lee's Perfect HSTs. Well for her Heat Wave block, we were given the option of using her new Perfect Geese templates as opposed to a more traditional method. Since accuracy is always an issue for me with flying geese, I went ahead and used the templates, with good results. I feel my fabric combination is in question on this one, but I'm running low on some of my original fabric pull and choosing some neighboring fabrics from my swatch cards. Let's trust all is well as it fits in with the other blocks.

Week 18: Mission Beach [hourglass blocks]
Week 17: Scattered [half-hexagons]     Week 16: Twist and Turn [equilateral triangles]
Week 15: Circle Gets the Square [color and fabric placement]
Week 14: Dandelion Clock [freehand foundation piecing/improvisational curves]
Week 13: Altitude [diamonds]     Week 12: Fussy Love [fussy-cutting]
Week 11: Bird's Eye Weave [stripes+curves]     Week 10: Off Kilter [partial seams]
Week 9: Oasis [inset pieced circle]     Week 8: Fierce [tiny piecing]
Week 7: Sparkler [transparency]     Week 6: Cul de Sac [curves]
Week 5: Rope Twist [paper-piecing]     Week 4: Victorian Tile [nested seams]
Week 3: Curious Crossing [improvisational piecing]
 Week 2: Pixelations [half-square triangles]     Week 1: Spring Fever [precision piecing]

5 comments:

  1. This looks lovely. I like the reserved look of your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice precision piecing.
    And good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great to me! And what a fun way to get back into "normal life". I enjoyed your vacation pictures and info on IG but I am also very excited to see this project come together :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I trust you had a fabulous time away...the photos on IG are proof of that! It's always hard getting back in the swing of things after a vacation, but you will. I would bet once all the blocks are finished and assembled it will all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. another pretty block! I know you'll catch up quickly

    ReplyDelete