Monday, October 17, 2022

Mini Series Sew Along :: Bear Paw

So does a seriously tiny 4.5" block deserve it's own blog post? Obviously so!

There's a bonus block in the Mini Series Sew Along, the Bear Paw. Talk about tiny piecing! This one was acutally a bit more challenging than the others, with three separately-pieced components to each quadrant. That's 12 in all, and I'm glad to have survived to tell about it.

Actual tiny piecing is one thing, and I don't mind that so much. Sewing tiny-pieced components together though, definiely adds to the challenge, for me at least. The layers are compounded, and I ended up taking out some of the paper to facilitate this finish. But like I said, I got 'er done, and it's a terrific addition to our collection of small blocks.

2 comments:

  1. The paper really does bulk things up when it gets that small. Looks great, and I am starting to get curious about how you will use all these blocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one hell of small tiny pieces and what feels like a gazillion of them!

    ReplyDelete