Thursday, October 6, 2022

Improv Letter Study

Oh it actually felt good to be working on some bee blocks again this week. My Bee Sewcial bee mate, Felicity/@felicityquilts chose an Improv Letter Study prompt. Guidelines included two-12.5" blocks, a different letter for each block, and different values of one color for each block.

First, I chose the letter "L" in varying blues. Though L was a natural for nesting several letters in one block, I realized after, that that wasn't Felicity's first choice, so didn't do that in my second block. But it was fun here. How many Ls do you count?


For my second block, I chose "A", and tried to include a solitary lower case a as well. This one took some tricky puzzling, but I had a lot of fun with it. 

So those were more than enjoyable, and for once, rather than mail them off, I'll get to hand-deliver them to Felicity when we meet up at the International Quilt Festival in Houston in November. Meanwhile, I just finished up quilting on my current Bee Sewcial quilt, so hopefully will get to share that with you soon. It's been a journey, this one!

4 comments:

  1. How fantastic that you'll be able to hand these off to Felicity in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun blocks, and nice that you will get to hand them off in person. I look forward to seeing your quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both. This is going to be such a fun quilt! I love letters/typography ;) xo

    ReplyDelete