Monday, October 24, 2022

Quiltober VIII - IX - X

So we're over half way done with Quiltober, and I have mixed feelings. I've really been enjoying creating improv responses to the prompts; then again, I'm liking what I'm seeing on the design wall and already thinking how to bring these blocks together into a quilt.


Day VIII - Mummified :: I had a vision in my mind of how to express 'wrapping' with fabric, and it didn't turn out too bad. It was especially fun to decide on the mix of fabrics as I added strips. [8.5" x 11"]


Day IX - Teeth :: I made use of @quiltsfromtheattic's popular Triangles technique and the scraps on my cutting table to make this block. [9.5" x 11.5"]


Day X - Tome :: I was trying to reflect the pages of a book in the block below, and it took a little penciled sketch and a do-over with larger cuts of fabric to get it right, but I'm super pleased with the outcome. It's my only block so far that uses just two fabrics, and I think the black and white is a good addition to my collection of blocks. [6.5" x 17"]


I'll hopefully be back next Monday with my final three blocks. The prompts are doozies - Witch, Shadow, and Rune - so I've got my work cut out for me, no pun intended. 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I really like how the Tome block came together. I definitely looks like the pages of a book being flipped through....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piecing Debbie! I like the 'wrap' and the teeth and the book pages, lots of fun for October.

    ReplyDelete