Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Quiltober I

A few days ago, it dawned on me that if I wanted to join in Quiltober with @quiltsfromtheattic, I should have some fabric ready. I don't actually have Halloween fabric stashed, so curated a fall-ISH grouping of 25 fabrics.... solids, linen-cotton blends, wovens, crossweaves, and prints, most of which are from various Carolyn Friedlander lines, including the odd scrap. It's a starting point, and time will tell if I draw from it all or swap in some other choices.


So yesterday was Day I, with the prompt being "Crooked." Comparatively, this was one of the easier prompts, and implementing some slice-and-insert was a fun way to ease into this sewalong. For me, Quiltober will be used for pure improv fabricplay. I have no vision of what my improv-pieced bits will become at the end of the month. 


This first piece measures 2.5" x 13". With just 13 prompts, I plan to let each sewing session and prompt dictate the size and shape of the result. So yeah, that means some eventual puzzling, but we'll face that in due time.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the prints you chose to work with and how the colors transition through the prints and lines. Some of the prompts seem really interesting, so it's going to be fun to see how you puzzle through them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric pull. Great color combination. xo

    ReplyDelete