Thursday, October 20, 2022

The Start of Apple Picking Season

So I've been hand-stitching a new stitchery the last week or so, and it's from Stitch Along with Jen. Where I usually purchase a sampler separate from my other supplies, the zen with jen stitch kit included the embroidery fabric with backing (10" square), a 6" embroidery hoop, two needles, and a spool of variegated WonderFil size 8 perle cotton EZM1090 [Cranberry]. This kit was called 'apple picking season 002'.


From what I can tell, Jen is kind of known for stitching on preprinted fabric with no particular plan. IE. not a sampler per se. The focus is entirely on the stitching, one stitch at a time. In her words, "this is a mindful, meditation piece with no exact plan in mind."


So it's a bit of a different kind of stitching, but I'm up for it. Currently, I'm stitching wherever I'm moved to stitch in the moment, switching off with a single-thickness of thread and a double-thickness. I'm still mulling over whether to add in an additional red thread or not. Time will tell.

8 comments:

  1. Wow fun project, the mass of stitches will look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love where this is headed, but also like the idea of cluster of "constellations", which you are already creating by the variation in thread thickness and stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I think I could do this! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy seeing all of your handwork projects, especially all of the in-progress posts so we can watch the designs develop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Have you made any progress on this? Will the x's you don't stitch wash out?

      Delete
    2. I HAVE made progress, though I set it aside for a bit. I don't think the Xs will wash out but I don't know for sure. I plan to stitch them all, I think.

      Delete