Thursday, October 27, 2022

Mini Series Sew Along :: Stretched Geese + Criss Cross

I confess I've been working ahead a bit on my tiny-pieced blocks, and this week it proved to my detriment. If I'd watched the Mini Series video for this week before making my blocks, I would have remembered not to sew quite to the tips of the geese on the Stretched Geese block, and kept my points just a little sharper.


And on the Criss Cross, Giuseppe gave a great hint that would have reduced the pain of paper-removal. Oh well. That said, Criss Cross was a bit more challenging considering several pieced components had to be sewn together. I always find that a tad finicky.

Even so, I think both blocks turned out well enough. Ten down, two to go!

3 comments:

  1. I like the color gradations you used for both blocks. You're almost all done and it's going to be fun to see them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see some of the light pink reappear. Still love this mixture of having different color set in the blocks. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've done that before... jumped ahead because I either had the time, or thought I knew what I'd be doing. Turns out that videos and tips from the instructors are helpful, aren't they? But as you said, the blocks turned out well. I'd be hard-pressed to say the geese tips weren't sharp! You have such a lovely color palette going in these blocks. It's gonna be an adorable quilt.

    ReplyDelete