Monday, December 18, 2023

Diamond Flare :: December

As fellow Seattle MQG members began to post their finished Diamond Flare Quilt tops, I got inspired to pull my blocks out and sew mine up! 

We've been working on our block-of-the-month (AKA BOM) all year, a pattern by guild member Taylor Krz @toadandsew, and the complete top measures 71" square. I still need to finish a quilt back, which I'm making from scraps left from yardage for the top. Hopefully I'll have this one quilted and done  early in the new year.

4 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed watching your progress on this. Whta a dynamic quilt top - I love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very interesting design; the light blue sure wasn't used much. I like how the corner Irish Chain parts remind me a bit of a butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your top! What a fun design. Now the fun of picking quilt design starts ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh! This turned out so good! A medallion-style quilt is classic, but your unusual color combination takes the whole piece up a notch. I'm sure others have noted that it has sort of an Aztec/Inca/Navajo feel to it. Really nice. This will be a great first-finish in 2024.

    ReplyDelete