Thursday, December 21, 2023

Triple Trees + Evergreen Trio

I told you I might squeeze in some more fun sewing! When Kristy @quietplay offered up her free Triple Trees pattern, I took her up on her kind offer, not really knowing what I might do with the little trees. But over last weekend, I had a couple of hours to play, and decided to made them out of scraps. 

Striped Tree


Braided Tree


I thought they would make great little holiday coasters, and wouldn't it be nice if I could come up with a fourth? It came to me to check Kristy's shop, and wouldn't you know, she had another pattern, Evergreen Trio, which coordinated perfectly with the Triple Trees. So I made all six!

Evergreen Tree


Geometric Tree


The trees were, indeed, made completely from my solid scraps, with the backgrounds and backings from a long-stashed (2015!) piece of original Cotton + Steel Sprinkle by Sarah Watts @wattsalot in a light gray. The sprinkles reminded me of snow, which I thought was perfect as a backdrop for the colorful assortment of trees.

Branched Tree


Slanted Stripe Tree

Unexpectedly, I had a little more time that evening to sew, and was able to nearly finish the coasters, all but the topstitching around the edges. Of course, that took just a few minutes the next day. They're super cute, don't you think?

13 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Your coasters are absolutely cute and worth some extra sewing time. Thank you for sharing all those great ideas.
    Greetings from Germany,
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martina! Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!! Wishing you much joy in the new year!

      Delete
  2. The coasters are super cute and I was wondering about the background fabric. I agree it's perfect and adds a nice whimsy and coordination to the colorful trees. What a fun evening of sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Happy little trees with fun fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas trees Debbie! thanks for sharing, Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a few coasters this year , too. (Just behind on documenting lol) They are such a fun little sew. I love your tree set and the background fabric looks awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love them!!!Thanks for the info--they're still available!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your newsletter and I love these trees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great looking Now I have Another project to put on my list of TOdo's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! They are quick and so fun. Enjoy!

      Delete
  9. gorgeous coasters Debbie - i should start making some now ready for next Xmas whilst I am still thinking about them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that's an excellent idea! ;-) Go for it!

      Delete