Thursday, December 7, 2023

Peach Fuzz

Color me surprised! This morning, Pantone announced their Color of the Year 2024, Peach Fuzz! 

Not what I expected at all! In fact, not on my current list of favorites by a long shot, but I see Sarah @saroy and Elizabeth @elizabethkray will be hosting the #PanroneQuiltChallenge2024 next year, and I'm game! Liking a color - or not - has never been a prerequisite to my enjoying the challenge of playing with the Pantone color.

Keeping with tradition, this will be my 13th(!) year creating with the Pantone COTY. Just for fun, here's a review of my previous Pantone-inspired creations. It's tradition!


:: Viva Magenta 2023 :: "Verve"

:: Very Peri 2022 :: "Red Cross Meets Very Peri"

:: Ultimate Gray and Illuminating 2021 :: "Some Like It Medium"


:: Classic Blue 2020 :: "Utterly Blue"


:: Living Coral 2019 :: "Timeless"


:: Ultra Violet 2018 :: "Grape Fizzy"


:: Greenery 2017 :: "Evergreenery"


:: Rose Quartz and Serenity 2016 :: "Pantone Meets Bias Tape"


:: Marsala 2015 :: "Sizzling"




:: Emerald 2013 :: "An Emerald Table"


:: Tangerine Tango 2012 :: "Tangerisk"

So are you game? Like it or not, can you see yourself giving Peach Fuzz a try in the new year?

4 comments:

  1. Peach Fuzz! I can see that color being able to fit in with most of my current projects and plans, it's a warm neutral, able to add quiet spaces. Maybe I'll pick a quarter yard up......
    Your color theme quilts are amazing! I like your Timeless with Living Coral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am mostly curious what you find to match it. I'm much more interested in Julep than I am in Peach Fuzz, but maybe one of my "just for fun" quilts next year can challenge me to use it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful series! I like peach/light apricot/pale coral tones. Not quite pink, not quite orange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am already excited to see your color comparision, although I know that I most likely will have neither the time nor energy to jump in. But I am living this through you ;) xo

    ReplyDelete