Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Best of 2023

Once again, I'm joining in Cheryl/Meadow Mist Designs' annual 'Best of' blog linky party. I've chosen to base my 'best' solely on reader views of blog posts. So here they are, counting up from #5 to the most viewed post of 2023.

5. Split Second, created for the QuiltCon Windham Artisan Cotton 2024 Fabric Challenge.


4. Midway Through the 100 Day Project - The photos below show just a smattering of the projects made during the first 50 days of my 100 days of using scraps! Several quilts, lots of potholders and mitts, and bee blocks. It was a fun focus, and I anticipate doing it again one of these days.




3. Split Pouch - This was the first of the Split Pouches I made using Carolyn Friedlander's newest pattern. It's a fun one!


2. Split Pouch Sew Along - The first one was so good, I couldn't resist joining Carolyn's sew along. To date, I've made six!


1. Scrappy Sparkle Punch - And here's the #1 post of the year - the reveal of my scrappy Sparkle Punch quilt! From the pattern by Elizabeth Hartman, I started it at the end of 2022, rather than putting all my holiday fabric scraps away for another year. Finished in January, it was waiting all year to be brought back out and enjoyed this holiday season. 


Thanks for joining in throughout the year. Really appreciate all of you who visit A Quilter's Table!


Linking up with Meadow Mist Designs' Best of 2023 Linky Party!

16 comments:

  1. Each one is fun to read about, Debbie!!! I especially like your bee blocks!! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I was inspired by the star quilt and have made several stars - now to put them together - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wonderful! Good luck with finishing the quilt top!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely parade of finishes! I love that purple-ish scrap project, and who can't use one of those handy pouches? The stars are a great #1 pick! It's a great-looking quilt. Happy quilting in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to see your top 5, but then I enjoy all of your projects and posts. You've had a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your top five look great! On to 2024!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Looking forward to a fresh new year!

      Delete
  6. What a great wrap-up! Love seeing (again) all the beautiful things you've created this year... and apparently, so do others! What a good way to discern what everyone liked best - by views. I like that. Keep up your momentum into 2024! (P.S. Is anyone else besides me having problems getting comments to publish? For about two months now, after tapping "PUBLISH," I often get the message: "Failed to publish comment. Please try again later." Sheesh. Must make a copy, just in case. I've tried publishing this comment at least eight times now. Ergh. Darned Blogger.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun projects, the quilt is beautiful ,I know you are proud to have it finished

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had so many lovely finishes and posts this year. I like that you chose to go with the most views for your recap, and it's fun that I'm also thinking back about other finishes I enjoyed seeing you create that didn't make the list. I think that makes it feel like a pretty great year, and I hope you feel that way, too. All my best to you and your family in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a lot of great finishes for 2023. I really like the minimalist aesthetic of your fabric challenge quilt and the colors on your split pouches. Thanks for linking up with the Best of 2023 Party! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thise split pouch bags are so cool. I may have to make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. I suggest the medium or large first! ;-)

      Delete
  11. By the way, your bindings look so perfect and sleek.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun to look back, right? I am also always surpised by the external stats. I don't have them active on my blog but I guess it is the same as on IG. Sometimes I just don't know why something is so popular ;) I would e.g. have expected more quilts and less smaller projects. But I totally get the appeal. It is so nice to have a fast finish in-between. And my favorite quilting design is on here ;) xo

    ReplyDelete