Tuesday, August 7, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

Here it is W.i.P. Wednesday again! I managed to wrap up my third Finish-A-Long finish this week, joined in on Allegory's Prep Party, which was really helpful, and finally got started on a quilt for 100 Quilts for Kids.

Completed projects
Zakka Style Sew-Along project #18: Bread Basket - I just love the linen fabrics I found in my stash for this project, and currently am enjoying using this basket on my sewing table.

Zakka Style Sew-Along project #19: Sweet Sugar Cookie Sack - A relaxing evening watching the Olympics allowed me time to embroider the front little patch (shock! I know!), and from there it was a quick finish. I'll share a complete post on this little sack tomorrow.

Digits, formerly known as QWERTY II - Presented this to my coworker yesterday and she looooved it! Not sure why I put it off so long, as it was really fun to make up. (full post here)

Ongoing projects
*Picture-Perfect* Polaroid Block Swap - Still puttering along with these. I seem to be dragging them out as long as humanly possible.

100 Quilts donation quilt - Thanks to the Prep Party, I was able to come up with a pattern and fabric to make Don't Call Me Betsy's Sweet Girlie Charm Square Quilt. I'm using some charms won from my friend Kate of Katie Mae Quilts. They are from Andover Fabrics "Meet the Gang", and I thought they'd be perfect for a child's quilt. There's two basic block styles, both quite simply pieced.

Improv log-cabin quilt - I have everything I need pulled for this mini, which I'll create with Quilting Modern  open next to me on my sewing table (p. 70-71). I'm looking forward to trying some improv on a small {safe} scale!

Upcoming projects
* more Zakka
* August do.Good Stitches blocks NEW
* August Always Bee Learning blocks - more improv! NEW
* August Modern Blocks Bee blocks NEW
* a quilt to coordinate with my Christmas tree skirt
* scrappy Metrolink
* Plus quilt for my sister-in-law
* EZ Dresden Challenge project - still hoping - at least I have wedges cut now!

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday.

16 comments:

  1. Love your treat bag. First I read thread and thought that was a good idea too (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made this week's Zakka all your own! It looks a treat! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, the bread bag and treat bag are too cute! Love the fabrics you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your Zakka projects! They are all so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute projects this time. I like them all : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really am having fun with the Zakka thing too, and I am going to use these bags for my grankids annual christmas party. But I dont like to embroidery so I better be creative..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great week of projects, Debbie! Can't wait to see your Zakka tomorrow. I was hoping to make this one, but the week has been crazy getting ready for school to start today and then actually doing school. Maybe I'll be on track enough to do next week's project...I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love looking at all your little projects! That treat bag looks great, can't wait to see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great looking projects! Really loving those Zakka items =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great week, I've totally fallen off the Zakka bandwagon, but I might have to dig it out again for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that treats sack, the embroidery is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Treats bag is so cute - love the label !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great week Debbie! I adore your embroidery, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh debbie! i love your zakka bread basket! sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete