Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Patchwork, Please! :: Triangle Patchwork Box Pouch

Lately I've gotten inquiries about where folks can find the patterns for the projects we are sewing. So just a reminder that any of my posts that include the words "Patchwork, Please" are part of Zakka Along 2.0 :: Patchwork, Please, a sew along through Ayumi Takahashi's book, 
Patchwork, Please!: Colorful Zakka Projects to Stitch and Give. Click the links to find out more about the sew along, Ayumi, and how to order the book. Thanks!

This week's project was one I had my eye on from the moment I first thumbed through the book. In fact, in all honesty, when I needed a birthday gift for my coworker back in June, I made her this little sweet pouch. I went with an office theme - text and typewriters and paperclips and such - since that's where we spend most of our days.
The zipper installation looked intimidating when I first glanced at the instructions, but in reality it went together quite easily. I used bits of twill tape to accent the zipper ends.
The boxiness of the pouch made it a tad tricky when it came to final assembly, but slow and steady did the trick. And thankfully, the pouch is flexible enough that you can hand-stitch the lining while the bag is turned inside out
This was the first box pouch I ever made, and it's good to have that basic skill in my crafter's toolkit now. Plus, it's pretty darned cute.

30 comments:

  1. Oh that is super cute! Love those paperclips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, for sure, this is a very very cute pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite of all those I've seen so far. You're just sew good at this patchwork stuff. I so enjoy reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute. I'm also admiring those paper clips, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pouch! I found something very satisfying about getting that boxy shape right! It's such a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your fabric choices. adding this one to my LONG list too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I really love the twill tape idea, that is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute pouch! Great job! Love the fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Debbie. Wow! You can really do it all ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the texty/office theme, especially those little paperclips.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great little pouch... You can never have to many of those in my opinion. :) I hope your co-worker appreciated the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this turned out super cute! i love the bright zipper and the twill tape accent. your fabric selection is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect fabric combos for an office mate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really cute! I love your fabric choice. Way to get it done early! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It IS pretty darn cute! I think I might need to make one! How big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fab pouch - love the fabrics you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is very cute, I sure wish I worked with you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like your pouch. Indeed it is pretty darn cute. I'm working on mine and finding it quite a slow process - it is also new to me and I'm finding it a bit tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love everything about this little bag! The orange paper clips are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this pattern too! So cute with the office theme, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks great, what a fun theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job. love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this little pouch! The paper clips are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My first boxy one too! Yours is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE that you chose "Type" for this! Feel free to send it my way, hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete