Friday, September 27, 2013

City Sampler Quilt Along :: Blocks 52, 53, & 54

The first block this week was just a fun one to put together, and I was happy I had a charm of the same pink/orange fabric as in the book. It just made a simple block that much more striking.
Block 52

For the next two blocks I used some of my new Acacia - possibly my favorite Tula line yet.
Block 53

This last block was especially fun!
Block 54

Some of you are commenting that you have given in to temptation and want to join in the sew along and that's great as we've got months to go yet! Here's the book we're sewing from. And I updated my block grid right here!

Linking up with Sew Sweetness.

9 comments:

  1. I'm scared to start - not sure whether to go scrappy or try and use my TP charms...need to check out the size of the pieces...small I'm guessing! Your blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours are looking great! I must check out your grid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are lovely. I joined in doing this too, and then we moved and I haven't had much time to sew, but seeing your blocks I should do some sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last week we got in some Tula fabrics. They will work nicely with the ones I am using for my blocks. I hope to work on mine today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, adding that Acacia line into this quilt will add so much extra special to it! Love #54!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *gasp* using the new stuff already?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! And I just love your block grid, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, really liking this batch! Especially the top one. I think it's the colours that appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete