Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Table Tidbit

Sewing posts have been so rampant of late, Tuesday at the Table took an unplanned hiatus. So I figured since we experienced a little foodie moment today, I might as well tell you about it pronto.

Hubby and I were in the city for a bit this afternoon, and when I realized we were quite close to Tom Douglas' newest venture, Assembly Hall, I asked hubby to drive by on our way to the freeway. It probably wasn't the best idea, as it was pouring rain Seattle style, but when we got there and drove by, I couldn't resist asking hubby to park, so we could take a quick peek.
Totally unplanned is sometimes the best. And though we got a bit wet walking over, it was totally worth it.
We were only there 15 minutes or so, but were able to see the lay of the land so to speak. In short, Assembly Hall is a downtown complex that includes Assembly Juice and Coffee, the restaurant TanakaSan, a tiny little garden shop in Zinnea Garden Bench, and Home Remedya specialty market and takeout shop.
 Let's just say it was all quite inviting and interesting, and we'll be back.
For today, we just grabbed a pack of TingMomo Tibetan dumplings to go, though there were lots of other tempting pre-mades from Tom's various restaurants among other culinary delights.
I'm a fan of just about anything TD, and am in awe as his empire continues to grow. So it was a treat to be able to check out the latest, if only for a moment.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie! Did you pick Greek tzatziki and skordalia? I have fun short video about Crete in my 'Favourite quilt' post. It's not a tourist video.
    Your city sampler blocks are exiting and I love the fabrics you use! Hmm, should I start them, too?
    I saw your maple leave mug rug - so cute! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tzatziki...hummous...dumplings...the food of gods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of the guy, but it looks like a great venue :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow looks so cool and neat! Hopefully next time you go it won't be pouring and you guys can spend some real time there!

    ReplyDelete