Thursday, September 12, 2013

Random and Such

Though I haven't managed to post on W.i.P. Wednesday for nearly two months, don't doubt that I'm currently overwhelmed with w.i.p.s. And I mean the kind that I really hope(d?) to have done by the end of September:
  1. My Sew Ready to Play project - top priority this week as 'my day' is next week; quilting is in progress.
  2. My Patchwork, Please project - next in priority as 'my day' is yet this month; fabrics chosen and that's about it.
  3. Improv Slice and Insert Quilt - on my Q3 FAL list; blocks are done, next is to figure out arrangement for the quilt top.
  4. Star Bright quilt for 100 Quilts for Kids charity quilt drive - fabric is cut; this will be quick enough once I get to it.
  5. Polaroid Quilt - on my Q3 FAL list; haven't touched in a while, and still have no idea about layout.
  6. September bee blocks - unfortunately haven't given these a thought. Yet.
I know it's a ridiculously impossible list, but I've got about 18 more days to keep the hope alive.
As far as other randomness, I did join an unusual swap, Amy/sukie80's URHere Swap, where we'll be swapping the new "You Are Here" Starbucks mugs. I luckily found mine to swap today. Now to make a little something to send with it!
URHere Starbucks mug from Seattle URHere Starbucks mug from Seattle

It's been super fun to watch the progress of the projects in the Falling for Modern Maples flickr group. Here's a peek!
Modern Maples Quilt Top Complete!


IMG_0114

Modern Maples Quilt Top Finished #ECMQG

Pretty cool, huh? I just can't get enough of these!

Did you see that Sara of Sew Sweetness announced another round of Purse Palooza?
It all begins September 30, and if you're interested in hand-crafted purses at all, you won't want to miss it!

To wrap things up, just a little reminder to check out  your favorite color palette site now and then. I happen to follow Design Seeds on facebook and thoroughly enjoy their regular posts - both for the photography and the color inspiration.
autumn storm

So there's an arbitrary list for you. Happy Thursday!

Linking up with Really Random Thursday.

16 comments:

  1. The Falling for Modern Maple Quilts are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Starbucks swap looks like fun! And the Maple Quilts are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your mug, I'm planning on hunting one down today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to see all the Maples quilts. Enjoy your Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep hope alive! :)

    I love the Seattle mug. I actually have a weakness for mugs and I have to try to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've recently discovered that collecting eclectic souvenor mugs are my thing too. When I have my own classroom I will suggest that coffee mugs should be my gift. I barely squeaked in to Sukie's swap and I am so excited to get, well, any of the designs! We should have a little Seattle tea party afterward, Katie is swapping four!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed for you, Deb. Best of luck with your WIP list!

    Oh, my! LOVE those falling for Modern Maple sneak peeks... will have to check out that flickr group.

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots going on in your sewing room! I'm enjoying the Modern Maples peeks. I just LOVE Carla's layout.

    Well, Fresno doesn't have its own SB mug, so I'm trading a generic California. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't even know if Starbucks sells mugs like that here, mainly because my main account I work on at work is with their biggest competitor here lol Saying that, I don't drink tea or coffee anyway ;o)

    I had fun finding a palette for a new bee quilt on Design Seeds yesterday, and I'll see you on my stop on Purse Palooza :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lotsa fun stuff! I really enjoy your palette picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your list sounds fun, I expect you will get a lot of it done. The coffee cups are wonderful, and so are all the modern maples.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arbitrary but full of inspiration! Love all the maple quilts. I'm going to be checking out those coffee mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Design Seeds. So many fun palettes and gorgeous photos. A great way to get inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well Debbie, if anyone can do the list in 18 days, it's you :) great peak at the Mable quilts. I still really like the modern take. Just goes to show that even a block that I'm not crazy about can work really great in a great setting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I follow design seeds on Facebook too. It's always a favourite to see in my newsfeed. I have just begun a quilt using the modern maples pattern completely by coincidence. I'm making a baby quilt for my cousin and his Canadian wife (we're Australian) so all the maple leaves are red.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for featuring my Modern Maples quilt top on your post!! :)

    ReplyDelete