Tuesday, September 24, 2013

W.i.P. Wednesday

Yikes. It's been two long months since I've linked up with W.i.P. Wednesday. I've been busy co-hosting and sewing along with Patchwork, Please, managing to stay on track with the City Sampler quilt along, and stitching up sundry other quilts, totes, and littles. There's also been Falling for Modern Maples, a flickr group with no agenda other than to gather folks together as they make a variety of Modern Maples. If you're inclined at all, join us! I dare ya!

Current projects
City Sampler Quilt Along - Three little blocks a week is quite doable and they are so satisfying! I'm enjoying mixing up what Tula bits I have in my stash. And every few weeks I make a block grid to see how things are coming.

September bee blocks - I'm half done and working against the clock.

Improv Slice and Insert Quilt - Below is the top prior to quilting. I'm a good third done, but it's time consuming.

Patchwork, Please
- I have fabric cut out for this week's Handy Market Tote.
Be sure and check in next Monday when I'm finally presenting my sew along project, the Sweet Trips Embroidery Pouch!

Star Bright quilt for 100 Quilts for Kids charity quilt drive - With a bit of a delay receiving my backing fabric, I'm behind on finishing this. But the top is done, and even if I don't make the deadline, I'll be finishing and donating this quilt soon.
Star Bright 

Upcoming projects
* Q4 Finish-A-Long tutorial
* prepping more City Sampler blocks
* a Nora Clutch
Mini Quilt Swap project
Polaroid Quilt
* pillows for Mom
* another scrappy quilt
* two-color quilt challenge for SMQG

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

21 comments:

  1. Oo! You have so much awesome stuff going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slice and dice looks great! Can't wait to see how you've quilted it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your improv slice and insert quilt really caught my eye. I know that time consuming feeling with the quilting though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of loveliness! Particularly loving the bright star - gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your projects look great! Love your grid for the city sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely brights on the city sampler quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, your Slice/Insert quilt is fantastic. Well, you other projects too of course but now I need to sit on my hands again to stop myself from going home and try to make a block or two ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the improv slice reminds me of "pick up sticks". Did you ever play that?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many lovely things going on Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Star bright is beautiful! I love the fabric choices... You, busy woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the slice and insert quilt and am looking forward to seeing the quilting. Your other projects are also lovely. You have been very busy this summer and fall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of lovely projects! I love the slice and insert quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That grid is filling up! I love your fabric choices for the Patchwork, Please! bag this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many fun projects! I'm excited to see how your bag turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can really see the city block coming together. Love the fabrics for the tote. Can't wait to see it! Slice and dice is awesome! You've got a lot going on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your improv slice/insert quilt! Wonderful projects, all around!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you do have many lovelies in progress! The improv is great! Looks like a very freeing quilt to make!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE what you've chosen for your tote bag Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie, when I saw your thumbnail of the City Sampler and the grid it looked like a "mod quilty crossword puzzle"....so modern and fun! Maybe you should consider adding some grey sashing to white blocks and set it all together "as is"! =0

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great to see all your City Sampler blocks in position. They look great. :)I'm quilting along too, but it's a push to keep up!

    ReplyDelete