Monday, September 30, 2013

Fresh Sewing Day

To say this past month has been full is an understatement, and I'm ready to move on.

City Sampler blocks were a brief respite in each busy week.

Bee blocks, on the other hand, were just finished, so you'll hear more about them {and see them better} one day soon.

 


There was an assortment of littles and quilts. And if I were to pick favorites, one would definitely be Chinese Checkers, the quilt in the center of the top row - it's my own design and I tried some new-to-me fabrics and quilting, all of which I thoroughly enjoyed. And then that little maple leaf mug rug in the second row probably took the least effort of it all, but makes me smile every day as I use it on my desk at work. Silly maybe, but true.
1. Triangle Patchwork Box Pouch, 2. "Chinese Checkers", 3. Vintage Pencil Case, 4. Mini Maple Mug Rug, 5. wonky log cabin potholders to swap; fabric is Nordika by Jeni Baker, 6. Seattle icon mug rug, 7. Handy Market Tote, 8. Fissues - a slice and insert quilt, 9. Sweet Trips Embroidery Pouch

Heading into October, the Patchwork Please sew along is winding down, I'm anxiously waiting to hear from my URHere swap partner, and of course I have a mental list of new projects started. Undoubtedly I'll find something unexpected to entice me too.

Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day.

14 comments:

  1. Great projects Debbie. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a month of lovely makes. I love all your colour combinations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of lovely stuff - your seattle mugrug is fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. By golly Debbie, you make most of us look lazy! How do you get so much done? I especially love "Fissures"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy: and I love all of your blocks.
    The Chinese Checkers are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful month of sewing you had, full of the most beautiful projects and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely gorgeous things filled your September :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great month! Speaking of the URhere swap, on Instagram yesterday I saw a Vancouver Island Starbucks mug! Must go check the local stores to see if they have one for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you were SO PRODUCTIVE in September, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such wonderful projects here! I especially love your favorite quilt and the embroidery pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is sew nice to look back over the past month and see how many beautiful things you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful projects - I can't believe how much you get done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't burn yourself out Debbie : ) Your projects are always inspiring. I'm really enjoying the City Sampler blocks too

    ReplyDelete