Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday at the Table

It had been a while since we'd gone on a foodie adventure, and yesterday seemed like the perfect day to rectify that. Hubby and I asked mom to join us, and we started off with brunch at skillet diner
I'll confess right off that I had one dish on my mind when I suggested skillet, and that would be their poutine. Early last year I had shared about missing our chance to try their poutine, and I had been soundly reprimanded by many of you. So finally, today we tried it, and it was delish! But then so was everything we tried. Good choice for brunch, Deb.

After all that, we needed to walk a bit, so we did that, stopping in at Savour, a shop I'd discovered in my Food Lovers' Guide to Seattle. {Yes! I have one!} It was a delightful specialty food shop which also had an extensive cheese case and delicious-sounding lunch menu. Definitely a fun foodie find.


From there, we headed to hot cakes! We'd been wanting to stop by ever since meeting owner Autumn Martin at Tom Douglas' Cookbook Social last December. 
Still full from brunch, we grabbed a few cookies-to-go and a couple, you know, hot cakes! {For the record, they were mighty fine when we baked them up last night. Good thing the recipe is in Autumn's book, Malts & Milkshakes!}

OK, so we had one more stop planned, and that was to Lighthouse Roasters, where hubby knew one of his favorite coffee roasters would have what he needed to get him through the week.
So that sums up our little adventure! Just like after a good meal, a fun foodie adventure leaves me satiated.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like the perfect way to spend the day- a fun foodie adventure indeed! I love me a good coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH! We need to head into Ballard to pick something up at the sewing store. Hmmmm.... Might need to stop by one of your places. That brunch looks deee-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time, and everything looked so tasty! I loved the place setting with the ball jar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had poutine in Canada when we traveled there a couple of years ago. As each restaurant has their own twist on things, I have to say I liked one version better than another.

    I will be interested to see what America does with poutine, as we morph it to our tastes. The picture you had looked delicious, but I couldn't spot the cheese curds (a staple in Canada). Were they melted in?

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skillet looks SO GOOD!! I'm actually going to Seattle this weekend and I think I'll have to make sure to eat there :)

    ReplyDelete