Wednesday, July 3, 2013

City Sampler Quilt Along :: Blocks 16, 17, & 18

Once again, a few minutes prep ahead meant quick work sewing these little blocks together when time was  short later in the week. I'm still finding myself a little confused on fabric choices, especially when it comes to color. I look at the photos, then compare them to the colored page numbers, and they don't always match up. So maybe they're not supposed to after all? Not sure, so just forging ahead.
This block is another of my favs. And I could not resist using the one charm I had of that little frog.

This block was not necessarily a favorite. Rather than cut individual lengths, I cut several long ones and pieced those together before I trimmed to the quarter-block lengths. That seemed to be faster, but I still had a bit of a wonk issue.

This simple block I really like too. The dots? The purples? I don't know but I like. The excitement over this project just doesn't seem to end.

 It's not too late to join in! Linking up with Sew Sweetness.

14 comments:

  1. Yes, I had a "wonk" issue with the middle block too. Loving these little blocks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are beautiful and I couldn't resist bying the book after reading about it in your blog! Looking forward to my holiday, hope to be able to sew some blocks then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found that same block to be the most challenging. I agree that these are so addicting! I have to have some self discipline to not just abandon everything else....

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little blocks look great, I hope to start this week. I think in the whole big quilt that middle block will look perfect and no one will notice a small wonk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have followed your "adventure" from day one and I too bought the book. I will be starting my adventure very soon. I think you are doing a fabulous job!!

    Thanks so much for being such a great inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your fabric choices for #17 more than the book, very pretty. But I have to admit #18 is pretty spectacular!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, have been following along. I went to my LQS to buy the book on Saturday and they were out. Before I order it, do you think you'll use this book in the future once you finish the sew=a=long?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just fyi, my reply to Lisa: I do think I’ll use it – at least as a reference for modern blocks. But considering I’ll be using it for 9 months or so on the sew along, I think I’ll feel like I got my money’s worth from that alone. In fact, I’ve enjoyed these first 6 weeks so much, I already have. ;-)

    http://www.amazon.com/dp/1440232148/?tag=aqusta-20

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great set, and I love that frog :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This quilt is going to be amazing, I am loving reading/viewing the updates :)

    ReplyDelete