Friday, July 26, 2013

City Sampler Quilt Along :: Blocks 25, 26, & 27

As I continue making 3 blocks a week with the City Sampler quilt along, I pull from my 2 Tula Pink charm packs and limited stash to create blocks very similar to the book when I can.
On the little block below, I had similar fabrics, but alas, stitched the fussy-cut bird upside down. So to make her look 'right' my whole block is rotated. I made the design decision to leave it. (That makes it ok, right?)
The last block for the week falls under the category 'quickest in the book'!
At a sewing day with friends last weekend, rather than sew, I planned and prepped City Sampler blocks! So I'm looking forward to quick-stitching these next few weeks!

6 comments:

  1. More fabulous blocks and great idea to turn it upside down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the flexibility of these blocks and how you can really make them your own...even if it involves little mistakes along the way! Your birdie is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely leave that pink block rotated...I can almost guarantee no one is going to look at the quilt with while flipping through the pages of the book :) Although...if you had someone you needed to occupy with a puzzle you could challenge them to find the rotated block...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous! love your design decision too

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are coming along! Can't wait to see how you put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure there isn't really a 'right way up' anyway :oD

    ReplyDelete