Wednesday, July 10, 2013

City Sampler Quilt Along :: Blocks 19, 20, & 21

Another week, another 3 blocks . . .
I actually had some yardage of this Tula print - one of my favorites - so I was able to make #19 just like the book.

The print for this block is so cool fussy cut, but alas, I only had a 6" charm, so I subbed some of the squares with a contrasting solid. Not quite as cool, but I still like it.

I had some of Kate Spain's Terrain that was able to mimic the look of #21 in the book. This must be one of the quickest blocks in the whole sampler!

Speaking of the whole sampler, I kept thinking about the Gridlock legend shared by craktpot on flickr. With a little help from my resident Excel expert, I was able to make a grid of my own, where I can insert my new blocks each week. It's kind of hard to tell how well I'm keeping to the Gridlock design, but I'm thinking it'll be more obvious in the weeks ahead. And of course, some shuffling can be done as need be. So for now, I'm just pleased to be able to see my blocks all together!

 Are you tempted to join us yet? Linking up with Sew Sweetness and W.i.P. Wednesday.

18 comments:

  1. The blocks are super cool! Nice idea to get my husband more involved on my 'textile' activities...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been tempted all along. Just waiting on the book

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a much better modern stash than I do. I would never be able to match as many prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea to put them in Excel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be interested to know how you set that up in Excel. By the way, I'm friends with Teri Emerson, better known as Craktpot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your blocks and the substituted fabric works well in the green block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I like the Excel sheet! I mean, I like the blocks, too - great use of color - but it'll be nice to watch that grid fill in. Because I'm a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks looks fabulous Debbie! Great idea to use the grid for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so tempted. Your blocks are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great. I love that you used excel. Would love to know how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look great! Hey, if you find yourself needing certain Tula fabrics, I have a lot. Or I have a little of almost everything except Neptune. Anywhere from scraps, 5-10 inch squares to yards of so many prints. I'd be more than happy to do a trade of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so wanting to have time to join in, in two weeks I will be in. I need a resident excel expert too, that is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the grid! Keep the blocks coming. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like that you added in a solid instead on the middle block, and your grid at the bottom is very cool, can't wait to see it fill up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your grid's filling up nicely :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very tempted, but resisting! You're not helping! Too many UFOs are weighing me with guilt. Sure love seeing your blocks though, and the great photos in the book... that also show off Angela Walters' talented quilting. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete