Sunday, July 7, 2013

2013 Finish-A-Long: Q3 List

Considering I've just received the last of my blocks in three bees, it's pretty obvious where to start my third quarter FAL list! Top priority is FAITH Circle's June quilt, where we used SewCraftyJess' "Starburst Cross" block tutorial. 

Next up, the Modern Maple blocks made by That Stash Bee.

In May, I sent Always Bee Learning Bee beemates 9 polaroid blocks collected during the *Picture-Perfect* Polaroid Swap, along with several black and white prints, and asked them to frame the blocks. I just put all the blocks up on the design wall to take a photo for this post, so what you see isn't the final layout. I'm thinking that will be a tad tricky!

Not bee blocks, but I decided to go ahead and add the Slice and Insert blocks I made during Katie & Jacquie's class. I'm thinking maybe a wall hanging with these. I hope I can get back into the improv groove, as I'd like to make a few more blocks before putting them all together.


All of these projects are ones I'm really looking forward to, so hoping this can be a successful quarter!

Linking up with Leanne/shecanquilt and the Finish-A-Long Q3 linkup.

24 comments:

  1. Such bright happy projects here! Love the starburst blocks especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all these blocks look awesome! I really want to do a block swap soon on my blog... hmmm you inspire me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful blocks! I really do need to get myself into a bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starting the quarter off with all those finished blocks is awesome! I love the colors of the Starbursts and can't wait to see how you layout the Polaroid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've got the beginnings of a very successful quarter! Your dGS quilt is going to be beautiful, and of course I'm a big fan of your two other bees. Excited to see what you do with your improv blocks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lot of fun projects to work with there! That first one makes me crave lemonade - in all its "citrusy" goodness: oranges, lemons and pink grapefruit - nice and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've got some work ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got a lot of fun coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your projects all look like fun starts to terrific quilts. I suppose that's the advantage of bees--it's a jump start!

    I have a question for you--our little group is doing a Polaroid Swap. There's only about 10 of us--how did you divide up the blocks so that a person didn't get their own back? I realize on a grand scale it can be easier, but wondered if you had any tips or methods you followed (yes, I get to divide up the Polaroids).

    thanks,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous bunch of projects! I love those modern maples!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Bee groups have been busy - love all of the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such bright, fresh projects! Lots of fun here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your polaroid blocks! That's going to look fantastic when you're done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are definitely staying busy! Looks like a fun bunch of projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great projects! I always love swapping those Bee blocks, too, and then have trouble taking the time to set them together. The finish-along is great motivation, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to go! I still haven't finished either of my bee quilts! That Polaroid quilt is so intriguing, I just want to pore over it and see all the fussy-cut fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, so I'm convinced you don't sleep. What a lovely line up! The starburst blocks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm always impressed with how much you get done Debbie. Really like all those oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie, you totally AMAZE me! I don't know how you get all this done. So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm inspired by your actual do-able list, maybe this time I will keep mine short too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all fabulous Debbie. Honestly love them all. Can't pick a favourite. Can't wait to see them all finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was so drawn by the starburst quilt! The bright colours were like a flame to a moth...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely! Lovely! Lovely!

    I'm especially taken by the improv blocks. Can't wait to see where you take the wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete