Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Tuesday Quilting Tip

For a while now, Yvonne/@quiltingjetgirl has been posting a #tuesdayquiltingtip each Tuesday. So when I happened upon a tip to share, Yvonne encouraged me to go ahead and use the hashtag too. Full disclosure, it was my husband who suggested the tip, I tried it, and it worked so well, I knew I had to share it. It's simple really. I was complaining how my nearly empty Aurifil cone kept flying off my machine as I was sewing. And rest assured, it only happens when the thread on the cone was nearing its end.


So hubby suggested pushing a regular large spool of Aurifil into the bottom of the cone. Push it gently so it stays in place. Don't worry, it came out really easily when I was done, by just tapping the cone on my sewing table.


Then just pop your cone back onto your machine, and continue on until your cone is empty. Works like a charm!

7 comments:

  1. What a great tip! I am so glad you shared for a #TuesdayQuiltingTip and hope others start contributing as well. We all have so much to learn from one another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good idea, Every little bit helps to lighten the frustration level!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip! I just emptied a large spool, so I don't even have to take it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip- now what do you do with all your empty cone and thread pieces? Seems to me that cone could make a cute little Xmas tree....somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well well well, isn't that brilliant!
    Thanks for sharing. (-:

    ReplyDelete