Friday, December 17, 2021

Alllll the Dropcloth Samplers

It was clear back in May of 2020 that I picked up The Original Dropcloth Sampler that I had somehow started and then let linger FOR FIVE YEARS. Not sure how that happened, but it did, and I think I've made up for lost time since. 

I THINK I've completed my last sampler for the year, so it seemed like a good time to do a little round-up. These samplers kind of became my pandemic hand-sewing of choice, and I've stitched a lot of them! There are just a few that actually have been finished into a usable product, so I'll share those, too.

The Original

Red Stripe

Months later I went out on a limb and made Red Stripe into a pouch, using @sarkirsten's Pear Pouch tutorial. I had to tweak dimensions just a bit, but I still consider it a success.

Summer Lines

Meadow

Disco Nap

ABC Max

ABC Sprinkle (one of my very favorites to stitch!)

Paisley

Picnic (another of my best-loved!)

And... as I shared recently, I found the perfect frame for my picnic sampler in the shop of Modern Hoopla!

Pincushions

Or in my case, a pincushion and a needlebook. Oh yeah.

Heart Ornaments

And they became exactly what they were meant to be.

Mistletoe 

I knew I wanted to finish this one into something to be enjoyed this season, and a pillow seemed doable and perfect.

Whew. Hmm. I guess I've been a bit obsessive, eh? Gotta say, though, I've enjoyed every stitchin' minute.

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love them all, I find it so clever how you made them, so loosely sprinkling stitches yet making it as a whole. They make great gifts for your near and dear ones. Hope you have a lovely Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching!Your hearts and pillow turned out beautiful.
    I really like wild flowers stitched in embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to get to see them all together and exciting to know you've turned many of them into completed projects in one way or another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all just wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration to get started on these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love them all. I think paisley is my favorite, but that could change! so funny that you've taken to hand sewing as a pandemic escape project and I've drifted away from it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome - each piece is so special and beautiful! I see patience written over each one, when looking at all the lovely intricate stitching. Gorgeous work, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to see them all in one place! You did a ton of work on these! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such eye candy and delight to the soul! I am intrigued by how you made the background for the Picnic sampler. Is it ribbon ? Is it dye or paint? What is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The background of the sampler IS painted, and it came that way from Dropcloth. I just added all the embroidery to what was printed on the canvas.

      Delete
  9. Every one of these is just lovely! Rebecca does such a nice job creating beautiful designs. I admire you for tackling so many of them. Isn't is nice to see them all together in one blog post? Makes you appreciate how you use your time, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete