Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 Fabric Usage

You know darn well I pieced a quilt back yesterday to boost my totals just a bit! Thankfully, I did use more stash fabric and scraps than I brought in this year, though I felt like I constantly struggled with balancing it all.

In November, I brought in 10 yards, most of which was for several good (to me) reasons:

  • silver fabric for that month's Bee Sewcial blocks
  • background needed to continue work on my Bow Tie quilt
  • sashing and background to finish my Summer Sample quilt
  • and that red stripe to use as accent casing on all of the gift bags I made for Chrismas - with bag exterior and lining fabrics all coming from stash.


Meanwhile, down to the nitty gritty:

November  Fabric Usage
Used up: 12.09 yards
Brought in: 10 yards
Net: -2.09 yards
Year to date: -23.96 yards 

December Fabric Usage
Used up: 18.85 yards
Brought in: 0 yards
Net: -18.85 yards
Year to date: -46.99 yards

So what's that mean for the year?

2021 Fabric Usage Totals
2021 used up: 135.24 [vs. 199.47 yards in 2020]
2021 brought in: 88.25 yards [vs. 73.2 yards in 2020]
2021 Net: -46.99 yards [vs. -126.27 yards in 2020]

So, I definitely reached my goal of using more stash than I brought in, but my ratios aren't as good as last year. Not sure what that really means, and I'm not going to stress about it. I can definitely see a difference in my stash, where I'm beginning to combine color groups of fabric within my storage cubbies, so that's good. Let's just say I'll keep on keeping on this next year and see where it takes me!

This is the final post in the 2021 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge. Thanks for hanging in there with me!

5 comments:

  1. A net out of almost 47 yards seems very impressive to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's a lot of fabric moving in and out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot used up and also a lovely "negative total". Congrats! PS: I decided to "track" this year too - loved your numbers so much ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done using up fabric AND blogging every day in December. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun with fabric usage stats! Congratulations on blogging everyday for 31 days, another challenge met.
    And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete