Thursday, January 19, 2012

For Baby

I couldn't resist sewing up some baby goodies for my friend, Marci, who is due any day!

Daughter dear suggested a bapron. A what? New to me, but the tutorial for this baby apron was fun and easy to follow. {here} Love Jess' blog name - Craftiness is not Optional - so true!


Wouldn't you know that the day I started on these burp cloths, Marci posted a similar project. {eek!} Considering I  had already purchased the supplies, I forged a head. Can't have too many, I'm sure. I used this tutorial {here} by Cluck Cluck Sew. I liked how nicely the bound edges finished them off.

And lastly, I made a travel changing pad, based on an Amy Butler pattern in this book. I used this pattern to make a couple for grandbaby a year ago, and they have worked and washed really well. But the book has since gone missing, so I just used one of grandbaby's as a template, and that worked just fine.




All in all I had great fun trying the new tutorials and doing something a little different than my norm. The fabric line, btw, is Backyard Baby by Patty Sloneger for Michael Miller Fabrics. I thought it was really cute without being too babyish. And now that Marci has received the box of goodies, I can show them off and publicly say to Marci, "Wishing you the best!"

Linking up to Finish It Up Friday . . .

15 comments:

  1. Ooh, I LOVE that bapron! I wonder if anyone I know is having a baby anytime soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is adorable! She's going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie these are utterly gorgeous! The fabrics are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute set you've put together! Those fabrics are great because they are not too babyish and they are gender neutral. I've had that bapron on my list of things to try. I'm glad to know that it's easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those baprons - what a cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet, but also very functional! I know Marci will love using these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet baby gift!! The fabric is great. I love those that are cute but not too baby-ish too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a sweet friend! What a lovely baby gift and even better that it's handmade. Great fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, and love that fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Debbie, I love them all, and I really love that fabric line too! Everything is perfect, and you are right, you can never have enough burp cloths, and yours are way prettier than mine anyway! I think I am going to have to use that "bapron" pattern and make some myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many thanks Debbie for the baby gifts for Marci. I'm her mom & used to be a stay at home mom while she was growing up and did a lot of sewing for both my kids. Now that I'm in the accounting field, I work a lot of long hours, with very little time for sewing. I started on a paper pieced airplane quilt for 'lil brother last July and haven't gotten back to it since! Warms my heart to know that she has great friends "filling in" for me. Thanks again..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are wonderful, what a nice present!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh bapron! the best ever! cover as much of those clothes as possible. with my little ones it was my motto! super cute makes debbie. i am sure she is going to be so happy!

    ReplyDelete