Monday, January 2, 2012

To the Finish!

2012 Finish-A-Long

Over at Quilter in the Gap, Rhonda has a pretty clever linky going on. Who among us hasn't been giving some thought to those 2011 projects that are still hanging out waiting to be finished? I know I have. Though not many, I'd really like to get these done in the next month or so. So I'm joining in the Finish-A-Long and will be working at completing the following projects:

At the top of my list is finishing up the Color Block Placemats I am . . . um . . . making my coworker for Christmas. 2011. The good news is two were done in time to give her before Christmas, and she loved them! The not so good news is the other six. But by now I have two more done, two ready to bind, and two that still needed quilted. Progress, but.

Project #2 is putting together the scrappy depression blocks that I swapped in the Scrapbuster Swap last summer. I have 15 blocks, and I have no idea how I'm putting these blocks together into a quilt. But I need to figure that out. Don't want them going too stale in the fabric closet!

Last on the list is Wild Thing by Thimble Blossoms. It's been on the list for a while, and yahoo! I have one block made! But after seeing all of the Hometown goodies Heather at Crafting... had made {my personal favorite here}, I really wanted to work with these charms from my stash!

So that's some of what I'll be working on the next little bit . . .

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad you joined the FAL, I am betting you will get those projects all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your finished projects. I especially like your scrappy depression blocks. Thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a good list going. I'm excited to see what you do with the scrappy blocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're doing this too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got wonderful quilts chosen for this quarter. I can't wait to see how you put your scrappy blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finish along I love it! I'm going to have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yay, you're first wild thing block looks great! And thanks for the little shout out. :)

    I've been eyeing the color block placemat pattern for our home, may have to tackle that at some point this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Thimbleblossoms block! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the scrappy depression blocks, beautiful! I look forward to seeing all your makes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, for stashtacular fabrics, the blocks are so vibrant and cheery! Good luck with all your UFO's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally doable list! That scrap-buster block looks mighty familiar to me! HeHe! I am so glad to have some accountability through this FAL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I look forward to seeing your finishes! Lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Hometown Wild Thing is going to be fabulous! Good luck with all your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list! Can't wait to see your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am so glad you joined. i can't wait to see your finishes! ;)

    ReplyDelete