Friday, January 27, 2012

Truly Random

Thought I'd share the creative blocks I received from the 4x5 modern quilt bee, quarter 4.
Nice, huh?? I still can hardly believe that they came not only from around the U.S., but also from Canada, Australia(!), and Morocco(!!). Amazing. So I have 12 modern gray and orange blocks from the first two rounds of the 4x5 {here's my first set}, and will be going one more round, this time as a caretaker. Cool.

A really nice surprise was realizing that two of my pics of Tangerisk made flickr explore! Must say, that's always pretty exciting.
1. "Tangerisk" for Tangerine Tango Challenge, 2. sneak peek, 3. Dead Simple Quilt, 4. Kaleidoscope complete!, 5. Mini-Swoon II, 6. Supernova! 

Have you heard about the Simply Charmed Blog Hop? Melissa from Happy Quilting got a group of quilters together, and beginning February 1, there will be Valentine tutorials each day. See all the details here


I ended up trimming quite alot last night - charm squares for the 4x5 fabric swap . . . 
Sketch White and Black Screen by Timeless Treasures    Nature Elements Candy Pink by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics
Sketch White and Black Screen by Timeless Treasures & Nature Elements Candy Pink by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics, per my assigned colors of black and pink

. . . some of my Hometown blocks . . . 
and my Modern Halves blocks! Don't get too excited - I just slashed and starting placing them randomly on the design wall . . . (phone pic!) . . . but this is going to be one brightly colored quilt!

14 comments:

  1. Your blocks are fabulous! That is going to be one cool quilt when you get finished with it. And very cool about getting Explored. Modern Halves is looking fun so far, too! I think the trimming is what i keeping me away from my Hometown quilt. Can't really get excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your Modern Halves preview is looking miighty awesome! And thank you for the reminder to chop up my squares for the 4x5 charm swap, need to get on that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite the international hive! We were mostly American with one Australian. I mailed my 4X5 charms yesterday. I'm not completely happy with my yellow choice, but it will have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blocks, I can't wait until all of mine arrive. I also love those modern halves! And congratulations on the Explore, the photos and the quilt are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good Debbie, I am working with some "out of the box" colours right now. Congrats on the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your modern halves is looking really cool so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool, the modern halves that is. And I always enjoy seeing people's bee blocks popping up here and there. :) Have a good day. I'm actually busy outside of the house today!! And hubby is skiing. Boo on him. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that will be one amazing 4x5 quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loads of cool blocks there, love your modern halves

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bee blocks and congrats on the Explore :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on making flickr explore! I'm not sure what that really means, but it sounds like a good thing:)
    Lovely bee blocks and I do love the bright modern halves blocks. I can't wait to see it all together. It's going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! Especially loving those modern halves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your bee blocks. You have some awesome blocks there. Can't wait to see the final version of Modern Halves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome on the explore! you are a super star!

    ReplyDelete