Monday, January 9, 2012

First Finish

Yay! I have my first finish for 2012! The set of eight placemats that I started before Christmas is finally done.
The pattern, Color Block Placemats, by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson!, was part of the Holiday Sew-Along at Sew, Mama, Sew! I really enjoyed pulling from my stash to make these scrappy, adding one purchased fabric - some KONA Crush in Natural. I ordered it on a whim, just because I was curious what it was like, and boy do I approve. It just seems to add some nice texture to the overall look and feel of the placemats. So chalk one up for the 2012!

Linking up with {Sew} Modern MondayFabric Tuesday, and Finish It Up Friday.


Update 1/29/12: The first quarter of Quilter in the Gap's Finish-A-Long is over! My original post about it is here, and the First Quarter Linky Party is here!

22 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish! They look great. I even want to make a set even though we don't eat at the table. Maybe one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, those look fabulous! I love your color combo, very pretty. I have to give Kona Crush a try, thanks for a tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo! nice feeling isn't it!? they're great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first finish of the year! You are off to a great start! The colors you chose go together so well and you added some interest with the large and small scale prints. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, and I am sure your co-worker will love receiving the rest of her gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look great!! That's a lot of placemats! Are they all exactly the same, or are there variations in the fabric blocks? And this Kona Crush...what is different about it than a regular Kona?

    ReplyDelete
  7. In answer to Heather's question . . . the placemats are all the same. And Kona Crush has a slightly 'crushed' texture, not overdone, but a gently crumpled look - in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. excellent color blocking- these are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look wonderful Debbie - I love the mix of fabrics and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are such nice colors Debbie. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, Debbie! Interesting about the Crush, I'll definitely have to look into that. Must feel great to have those placemats finished!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so fun. Thinking I should make some for my family this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. placemats seem so luxurious! i think they are going on the to make list too. the list is getting really really long at this point... good work though, i love them. i have used kona crush before and i loved it also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, love your colour combinations! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh I absolutely love these, they look fantastic - what a great job you've made of them!

    Jessie, xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Muy bonito. ¡colores me encantan!
    Un beso
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  17. Had to go back and re-visit these. Very nice! I'm going to aim to make 6.

    ReplyDelete