Wednesday, January 18, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

W.i.P. Wednesday's here again - another week of working a little bit on alot.

Completed projects
Terrain zip pouch - Made for a friend's birthday and always a fun, quick finish.

Ongoing projects
Hometown "Wild Thing" - 15/42 blocks done. (pattern by Thimble Blossoms

Japanese x and + swap blocks - Of the 12 blocks I made last week, I already swapped 5 with a flickr buddy. I did make 3 more, so I have 10 in-house. I think I'll send them all off to swap and then start making more to keep.It'll take 80 or so for a quilt, so I've got a ways to go. (tutorial by badskirt found here)

Modern Halves scrap quilt for Scrap Attack - Still plugging away, I've finished 11 blocks, and have 3 more cut out. (pattern by Elizabeth Dackson of Don't Call Me Betsy here)

Tangerine Tango - Almost forgot to get this on the list! A snowy afternoon last weekend gave me a chance to get started on it. The top is now done, and backing and batt cut out. Just need to start quilting.

Upcoming projects  
* Solstice Stars Series quilt block tutorials - begins today! NEW
* Sparkle QAL - begins tomorrow NEW
* Put together Scrappy Depression Blocks 
For the Love of Solids Swap - signed up and waiting to get my partner!
* do.Good Stitches January blocks - cancelled; taking a break in January . . .
* A Christmas quilt to coordinate with my tree skirt 
* "On a Whim
* Table runner for my cousin 
* Pattern for Mango 
* A light box
* Quilts for siblings #2 and #3


Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday . . .

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

21 comments:

  1. Wow!! Your Tangerine Tango sneak peek looks fab! I can't wait to see you start slashing those Modern Halves blocks, and your Hometown blocks look great too. You're making me want to sew...right this minute...after seeing all this fabric-y goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your projects! Your scrap blocks are looking great and hello, Tangerine! So bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful projects, Debbie!
    Love those asterisks for the Tangerine Tango - great minds must think alike, because my entry is an asterisk, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have plenty to work on! I'm really liking your Tangerine Tango so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie you've been so busy! I adore the Modern Halves blocks, it's going to look amazing and that Tangerine Tango is FANTASTIC - Orange is my favourite colour ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially love the tangerine tango peek and the Modern Halves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have a lot going on, and they are all beautiful. Have to check into the Thimble Blossom pattern. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, your tangerine tango teaser looks absolutely amazing! Can't WAIT to see more of that. The modern halves are looking good too. I must admit I have run out of inspiration for that one, for now anyways. And look at you go with those wild thing blocks. They look great so far and Hometown really suits them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with the tangerine Tango! Love the pouch and the Modern halves blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh, lovin' those orange asterisk blocks! Fabulous! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. found your blog through Toni... i love your scrap attack blocks!! i started on my scrap attack, but was quickly derailed by a few other projects. oops :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, you are so talented! Your sewing is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my those tangerine tango blocks are fantastic! And I'm a sucker for Terrain, your pouch is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Tangerine Tango is incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I can't wait to see Tangerine Tango in full view! Everything is beautiful, and I had no idea it would take that many (80) blocks for a full size + and x block! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what you are sharing of your Tangerine Tango quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are one busy woman! You're making great progress on your WIPs. What a great selection of tangerines - simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, loving that peek of your Tangerine project! It looks really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely progress! Can't wait to see your finished Tangerine quilt!

    ReplyDelete