Wednesday, January 4, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

It's been fun seeing the blog community 'come alive' bit by bit since Christmas. I've been keeping up my w.i.p. Wednesday posts to stay motivated, but in doing so, I've got nothing completed to show today. After  nearly a week out of the sewing room, it feels good to ease back in!

Ongoing projects
Color Block Placemats - I gifted two placemats for Christmas, and the recipient was so pleased. I've since finished three more, and just quilted the last of the remaining three tonight. So now I'll be binding for a bit, but the end is in sight. (pattern by Oh, Fransson on Sew, Mama, Sew!)

Hometown "Wild Thing" - I'm excited to really get going on this quilt! Minimal cutting is needed, seven quick seams, and a block is done. 3/42 blocks complete. (pattern by Thimble Blossoms)



Japanese x and + swap blocks -This is for a flickr swap that officially starts on January 7, and runs through February 18. They are a fun little block to put together, and I plan on making mine from my scrap basket. (tutorial by badskirt found here)

Upcoming projects  
* Scrap quilt for Scrap Attack NEW
* For the Love of Solids Swap - signed up and turned in my questionnaire! NEW
* do.Good Stitches January blocks - cancelled; taking a break in January . . .
* Modern Blocks bee - got my fabric today for January and I'm very excited!
* Pattern for Mango - hopefully in early 2012!
* A light box
* Quilts for siblings #2 and #3


Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday . . .

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks, Debbie! The hometown quilt will be gorgeous! And I love the scrappy X and + blocks -- what a great scrap buster block -- I might have to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blocks!!!! I need a light box too but have not quite found the time to get one made. Can't wait to see the modern block bee block!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good morning. I like your x and + block. I will try one sometime. The wild thing is fun to do. I did a small one from flurry but didn't use a pattern. I just sliced my charm pack apart and re-sewed. Have fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bottom block is very pretty. I follow you but saw this at WIP.

    @pril
    KoolBeenz-blog.blogspot.com
    For-the-Love-of-Pie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are great Debbie. I'm doing the x and + block swap as well! Love your block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun projects, as usual! I have that Wild Things pattern and really need to use it. And I got a new kitchen table recently! Pretty sure it needs some placemats. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking projects! I need to check out that color block placemat tutorial, I may have enough Flurry fabric now to make Christmas placemats... for next year of course. But I may as well get them done now instead of in November! I love that Wild Thing pattern too. On my wish list for someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty blocks! I love your x and + block, amazing how they all look so different. Hope I get one of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Wild Thing blocks!! I didn't use that exact Hometown print in my quilt but I loved that one too. It was hard to narrow it down to just 9 of the prints when I was choosing.

    Also the bee block looks great, do I recognize that pink center cross as one of the scraps I sent you?? :)

    Would love to come over and help you bind placemats - it's my faaaaaaavorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks beautiful! I love that x & + block, fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie I always like to see what you are up to. I'm loving the Japanese X block.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great blocks! Love that x and + block, thats on my list to try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, love the look of those Hometown blocks, and I'm hoping to get cracking on those x and + blocks tonight :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the link to the x block tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking good, Debbie! I am most interested in seeing the Wild Thing come together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Hometown blocks - cant wait to see it finished.

    Your Japanese blocks are great. I've been pulling out of my scrap bin too. I was having trouble at first choosing fabrics (I was starting with the +) but now I have a good feel for them. I hope I get some of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. boy! you've been busy. i'm a huge fan of + and x blocks. good luck with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy WIP Wednesday! Nice projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the blocks! Especially the + and X :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love your "wild thing" block. i really want to try one of those this year. did you see crazy mom quilts whirlygiggle? it is so awesome! great list. i am so behind on my blog reading... can you tell? ;)

    ReplyDelete